The Court of Appeal has asked the European Court of Justice (ECJ) to determine where publication takes place when information is made available via the internet in relation to a claim for breach of database rights in the UK.Continue reading
As a result of an amendment to the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 (PECR), from the 25th of May 2011 the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) will have the power to impose fines of up to £500,000 on companies, if they send unwanted marketing e-mails or text messages to consumers.Continue reading
A number of different laws apply to websites, the content on them and online sales which are set out in the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2005 (as amended) and the E-Commerce Regulations 2002 which have been summarised below.
The following information must be made available on your website.Continue reading
From the 25th of May 2011 the legal requirements for UK website will change and website operators will need to obtain prior consent from users before placing cookies as a result of the Citizens’ Rights Directive. This will change the UK cookie consent policy from “opt out” to “opt in”.Continue reading
The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) will be extending its authority to include advertisers’ own marketing communications on their websites and marketing communications in non paid-for space i.e. Facebook and Twitter from the 1st of March 2011.Continue reading
About Us/Contact Information. You must provide the following information in an easily accessible position on your website to comply with the legal requirements of the E-commerce Directive in the UK.Continue reading
About Us/Contact Information. You must provide the following information in an easily accessible position on your web site:
* your legal name i.e. XYZ Ltd
* your geographical address
* contact details i.e. telephone number, fax number and email address
* which country your business is registered in and the registration number
* details of any supervisory body which regulates your business i.e. the FSA. For regulated bodies more detailed information is required.
* where you are registered for VAT and your VAT number
* clear details of prices and whether or not delivery and/or tax is included