SaaS is the abbreviation for “software as a service”. You may know this under another name, for example subscription agreement, software on demand, software subscription agreement, cloud computing or ASP services (application service provider). These names all refer to the same thing – software being made available via the Internet to users.Continue reading
What issues need to be considered in choosing and managing a company’s trademarks? Registration Focus on the company name or products. Marketing should decide which trademarks to register. Consider registering products names in local markets. If companies are acquired, consider registering trademarks for new products or company names if noContinue reading
What issues need to be considered in choosing and managing a company’s domain names?
Which Name to Register
* Focus on the company name worldwide.
* Marketing should decide on which domain names to register, bearing in mind which trade marks the company has registered.
* If companies are acquired, consider registering domain names if none are already registered.
* Carry out a domain name search at www.nic.com before trying to register new domain names.
* All domain names should be registered and owned centrally by one company (a holding company).Continue reading