Human resources (HR) departments are increasingly turning to SaaS or ASP agreements for their recruitment and talent management needs. Often referred to as software as a service, SaaS or on demand services many suppliers are now providing SaaS solutions specifically designed to assist employers with their HCM (human capital management), ATS (applicant tracking systems) and e-recruitment requirements.Continue reading
What confidentiality provisions need to be included in a SaaS agreement?Define Confidential Information.
Parties will obtain and have access to the business critical information of each other as a result of entering into a SaaS Agreement. For example, they may have access to customer lists, banking information, IPR, source code and object code or business secrets and processes. Confidential information should be defined in the SaaS agreement to make clear what is, and what is not, confidential. Do not simply refer to documents which are “marked as confidential” or “which should be treated as confidential”. Not all confidential information exists in a physical format, particularly in a SaaS scenario – so do not restrict your definition to just documents.
Data protection issues must be adequately covered in any SaaS agreement to protect both the supplier and the customer. Data Protection Act 1998. The Act applies to the processing of personal data, for example name/email addresses, dates of birth, national insurance number of any living individual.Continue reading
The following legal issues should be included in any ASP or SaaS agreement, whether you are a SaaS supplier or a SaaS customer.Continue reading
About Us/Contact Information. You must provide the following information in an easily accessible position on your web site:
* your legal name i.e. XYZ Ltd
* your geographical address
* contact details i.e. telephone number, fax number and email address
* which country your business is registered in and the registration number
* details of any supervisory body which regulates your business i.e. the FSA. For regulated bodies more detailed information is required.
* where you are registered for VAT and your VAT number
* clear details of prices and whether or not delivery and/or tax is included